Gyan Mudra is very popular mudra in amongst all yog mudras. It was performed by great saints like Buddha, Mahavir and still big yogis perform it in daily routine to get a positive attitude in life. Gyan Mudra just not acknowledges the spiritual wealth but also helps in reducing mental stress. Gyan Mudra is followed to circulate the oxygen in the body. In pranayama it increases vayu element in the body. You might be eager to see the posture of Gyan Mudra. Let us first talk about the pose of Gyan Mudra and later on the benefits of gyan mudra.
Gyan Mudra Posture
- First of all sit down and make a meditative pose. It is same as you sit in the floor folding your legs.
- Now sit straight and place your hands on your knees. You can do this mudra positioning on the chair too.
- Now touch the tip of index finger to tip of thumb.
- Keep the other fingers straight as much as possible.
- Take a deep breath and listen to your breath.
- You can also murmur “Ommmmmm” word to enhance the effectiveness of this mudra.
Benefits of Gyan Mudra
- Relax, comfort, joyfulness, pleasure everything can be achieved by this simple mudra.
- Just you find a peaceful place, where noise disturbance is less.
- Morning time is best to do this mudra. In this time you get good oxygen and remove the bad carbon dioxide from body.
- It helps in maintaining the blood circulation level normal.
- Index finger is a symbol of wisdom, expansion, openness to change while thumb is a symbol of individuality or self respect. Touching the index finger with thumb expresses the Individuality with wisdom.
Gyan mudra is acknowledged to lock the wisdom, calmness and expansion. It is very effective in the mental ailment, increasing memory power, imparting happiness and to sharpen the memory power.
All above this is an all in one mudra which helps to build physical and mental state of mind.